Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research Article Presentation Objectives
Field Experience Research Essay Objectives:
You will be required to write a reflective and research-supported essay based on your field experience. The following criteria should be taken into consideration:
- 3-5 typed, double-spaced pages
- Writing with the purpose of reflecting upon and analyzing your field experience
- Intro: Include a strong thesis and a hook for your reader. Describe what you did during your experience.
- Body: Explore presumptions and how those were validated or changed. What attitudes, beliefs, and values did you bring with you to the experience? Were you surprised by what you saw? Were you surprised by your own behavior? Connect observations to course content, then discuss ideas for how you could've responded to these situations. Be specific with your examples from your experience. Include your peer-reviewed sources here to support your claims/arguments.
- Conclusion: Reflect on and review your thesis statements. Examine how the experience affected you. Has your outlook on teaching/education changed at all? Did you gain a new insight? What will stay with you as you move forward in your career as a student and a teacher?
- Inclusion of at least 3 peer-reviewed sources as evidence to support claims/positions made in your essay
- What new questions/thoughts have been generated from the research?
Keywords to Try When Searching
Place quotation marks around phrases of more than 1 word when searching. (EX: "high ability")
Disabilities and Disorders:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Conduct Disorder
- Down's Syndrome
- Hearing Impairment
- Mentally Retarded
- Mild Intellectual Disability (MID)
- Mild Mental Retardation
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Visual Processing Disorder
Add in additional key terms:
- Assisted living
- Community employment
- Learning Disabilities
- Learning Styles
- Special Education
- Special Needs
Academic Search Premier
A comprehensive index to scholarly journals and general periodicals in all subject and interdisciplinary areas, including full text.
Citations and abstracts from over 980 educational and education-related journals, as well as full text of more than 2,200 digests.
Professional Development Collection
Designed for professional educators, providing a highly specialized collection of over 500 full text journals.
Teacher Reference Center
Provides indexing and abstracts for more than 270 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
Full text articles from journals published by the American Psychological Association and allied organizations.
High Ability & Mild Disability Wordcloud