Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Spartan Search: Books & More
Reference and General Collection Books
When searching for books, remember that eBooks still count as a traditional book for your paper!
One good search for materials on this subject is su:TOPIC - just copy/paste that directly into the search box above to see what we have available!
Use the following links when accessing ebook databases directly:
A general reference collection of over 500 titles covering every major subject. When doing a book search, choose the Find a Book tab and search within.
eBook Academic Collection (EBSCOhost)
A growing collection of eBook titles covering a range of academic subjects.
eBooks on EBSCOhost
Formerly NetLibrary, this collection of ebooks is now hosted by EBSCO.
Includes 100,000 titles from a variety of subject areas (business & economics, education, history, life sciences, and more).
Oxford Scholarship Online
Thousands of books from the world-renowned scholarly list of Oxford University Press, covering subjects across the humanities, social sciences, science, medicine, and law.
Access Your Library Account
When accessing your library account online, you can view:
- What you currently have checked out, the due date of those items, and the opportunity to renew the items online
- Holds that have come in and are ready for pick-up
- Fines accumulated
- Your personal contact information and the ability to make quick changes
Access your account by:
- Clicking the Your Library Account link from the Spartan Search box on the left
- Logging in with your MU network username and password, making sure to capitalize the 1st three letters of your username
- Clicking the My Account link found at the top right corner of the search page that appears
Questions? Ask your friendly librarians using the contact information on the Home tab of this guide!