Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

Education Resource Guide: Job Searching

A guide from Funderburg Library on how to use library resources to do research for your education classes.

Certification and Licensing

CASA Exam 

Acquiring a Teaching License
To receive an Indiana teaching license, you must fulfill the following license requirements:

  • Complete your education degree, including student teaching
  • Take licensing exams for your selected content area(s)
  • Take a pedagogy test in the developmental area and your license
  • Earn your CPR/AED/Heimlich certification
  • Complete Suicide Prevention Training

When you have met all of the above requirements, you are ready to submit your online application to the State of Indiana.

  1. Log on to the Indiana LVIS (Licensing Verification and Information System) and create an individual profile
  2. Upload your CPR/AED/Heimlich certification
  3. Upload proof of Suicide Prevention Training

After submitting your application, the state of Indiana will contact Manchester University to verify you have completed your teacher education program and confirm your licensing exam test scores. When your license is approved, you will receive email confirmation, along with your license number, from the state of Indiana. 

NOTE: You can begin looking for a teaching position before you receive your license, but you will need a license number before you accept a position.

Job Searching and Interviewing Tips

Indiana K-12 School Websites

Click the image to find Indiana K-12 schools that have registered their site with the Indiana Department of Education. 

Indiana School Job Bank

Finding ISTEP and ECA Scores

When you are preparing for a job interview, it is beneficial to investigate the school in detail - its mission and vision, school facts on number of students, certified teachers, and support staff, as well as assessment scores. To find this information, you will need to: