Communication Training Annotated Abstract Objectives:
Step 2 of your Training Project incorporates research as you complete the Training Annotated Abstract. You will learn more about your training topic and will find out what works and doesn't work in communication training. You will need to:
Use the research tips below to help you get started.
Communication Skills Examples:
Add in additional key terms:
Database Searching with EBSCO
The databases listed in the column to the right can all be accessed through EBSCO and searched at the same time. Follow these steps to learn how:
1) Click the Academic Search Premier link at the top of the column to the right
2) Just above the search box, click the Choose Databases link
3) Place additional checks next to Business Source Premier and Communication & Mass Media Complete. Click OK
4) Click the Advanced Search link found below the search box
5) Add your search terms or phrases into each box paying close attention to the "AND" drop-down menu. Change that menu to "OR" when needing to find similar terms (e.g. training OR development)
The journal titles listed in the column to the right are just a sampling of potential titles that can be searched for your research assignment. Follow the steps below to learn how to search a single journal title.
1) Click one of the titles listed in the Helpful Journal Titles section of the right column
2) Choose the option to Search within this publication
3) Click the Advanced Search link found below the search box
4) Add additional search terms to the 2nd box to complete your search and click Search
NOTE: If you add terms to the 2nd AND 3rd boxes, the search will not perform correctly. If you need assistance with this, please contact me using the information on the Home Page of this guide.
All results should now be coming from the journal you selected.